As an Emergency Medical Technician with Sterling EMS, you will respond to ALS Emergency and Emergency Critical Care transfers. 99% of our calls are classified as ALS emergent or SCT. You will be transporting these patients from an emergency room to an ICU or other higher level of care, allowing you to employ some of the most advanced protocols in the state. We trust our EMTs to practice at the top of their certification or license; our facilities and their physicians trust our transport teams to integrate with their initial emergency treatment plan and initiate additional resuscitative measures as needed.
- Age: For driving and insurance purposes, applicants must have a minimum of five (5) years driving experience, regardless of age.
- Education: High-school graduate or GED. Graduate of an Emergency Medical Technician training program. National Registry preferred, but not required.
- Licenses/Certifications: Certified or Licensed as an Emergency Medical Technician with the Texas Department of Health. Current, valid, unrestricted Texas driver’s license and be insurable with company carrier. Must currently hold or obtain within three (3) months of start date: BLS for Healthcare Providers (AHA).
- Minimum experience two (2) years as an Emergency Medical Technician in an ALS 911 service. Will also consider MICU transport / CCT experience.
- Must successfully complete initial competency-based orientation and recurrent training and skills competencies.
- Maintains current state of physical and mental well-being.
- Able to safely lift at least 125 pounds.
- Physically fit to lift, bend, kneel, and twist.
- Able to perform job responsibilities in confined areas and/or constantly moving or changing environments.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, staff, physicians, support agencies, vendors, and others.
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations.
- Ability to respond to pages/radios.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make independent decisions.
- Exposure to infectious organisms and toxic chemicals.
- Must be able to function effectively while exposed to the elements of the environment, exposure to extreme temperatures or weather conditions.
- Exposure to operating ground transport vehicles, loud noises, and vibrations.
- Carrying transport equipment, lifting patients, stretchers and performing patient care for extended periods of time in possibly adverse situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned..
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Director of Operations or immediate supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- High potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens, dangerous chemicals, sharp objects and fall/trip hazards.
- Must successfully pass departmental skills evaluation and fully complete our New Employee Orientation Process (NEOP) before staffing a truck.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employment Type: Full-Time. 24 on/24 off/24 on/120 off shift schedule.
- Pay: $19/hour
- Benefits offered: Medical insurance is a low-deductible PPO with NTREMS covering 90% of the cost of the employee premium. Sterling EMS also covers 70% of the cost of the spouse / family premium. Additional benefits include dental, life, disability, vision and 401(k).
At Sterling EMS, we take pride in our reputation as the most clinically progressive service in the Dallas & San Antonio areas. We have a singular focus: to rapidly deliver the highest level of care to our freestanding emergency department and micro-hospital partners. When our facility partners call the communications center for an emergency transfer, they know our ambulances come equipped with the latest ICU-level equipment, evidence-based protocols, and medics that are clinically competent and compassionate.
Sterling EMS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying